Choosing A Realtor
Choosing a realtor is just as important as choosing your perfect home. Both require a significant amount of time, dedication and perseverance, and should be taken seriously. A realtor, or real estate agent, will facilitate the buying or selling process, by providing you with access to their personal and professional experience and knowledge that will benefit your goals. How do you know if a realtor or real estate agent is reliable and professional? The following are some characteristics that are ideal in a professional and powerful real estate agent that will help your reach your ultimate goals. If your current or prospective realtor or real estate agent do not possess most, if not all of these qualities, you may want to continue your search.
1. Drive- Powerful agents have the strong desire to work hard and long. They’re willing to give it all they got because they know what they want and why they want it. Develop your drive by focusing on your future success, and never give up.
2. Courage- In order to get things most others will never have, you must do the things others will never do. Forget worrying about what other people think.
3. Commit to your Goals- Powerful agents know exactly what they want and go after it. Get control of your life by following a schedule. Commit to accomplishing certain tasks every day and follow through.
4. Knowledge- Powerful agents never stop learning, they continually accumulate information. Never go to sleep at night without having learned at least one new thing each day. Read a book or a blog, listen to motivational speakers and talk to people about what you’ve learned.
5. Honesty- Powerful agents are frank, forthright and honest. If things go wrong do to something they did or failed to do, they take responsibility. Be willing to admit to your mistakes and learn from them.
6. Optimism- Powerful agents only doubt their limits. You should continuously focus your mind on the good and positive.
7. Ability to Judge- Powerful agents patiently think through a situation before they judge. Evaluate things with an opened mind, unprejudiced basis, and be willing to change your mind
8. Enthusiasm- Powerful agents are excited about what they are doing. Enthusiasm encourages others to cooperate with them.
9. Willingness to take chances- Overcome your fear of failure. Know that you will learn from your mistakes, don’t be afraid to take chances.
10. Dynamic Energy- Sitting at home won’t do anything for you, the Law of Attraction only works in conjunction with the Law of Action. Don’t expect business to come to you, you must actively seek it.
11. Outgoing- Powerful agents are easily able to befriend people. Not only do they provide a lot of value to their friendships, but they help their friends grow. Be a ‘booster,’ not somebody who puts others down.
12. Ability to Communicate- Powerful agents are able to convey their ideas across to others. Learning to communicate properly will allow you to compel others to take action. Practice by doing, role play.
13. Patience- Be patient with others but always be impatient with yourself. The quote “patience is virtue” goes a lot further than you think.
14. Perception- Powerful agents have their mental radar working full time. Remember, it’s not about you, it’s about the person in front of you.
15. Perfectionism- Powerful agents cannot tolerate mediocrity, particularly in themselves. Never be easily satisfied with yourself. Always strive to do better. Complacency will kill your business.
16. Sense of Humor- Be willing to laugh at your own expense. Don’t take yourself so seriously. There will be plenty of times when you’ll be embarrassed about something, just don’t let it get to you.
17. Versatility- People like people who are like themselves. If you continue to focus on yourself, you’ll forget to focus on making the client feel comfortable. It’s not about you, it’s about your client.
18. Adaptability- Being flexible allows you to adapt to changing circumstances. Resist doing things the same old way. Be willing to consider new and different options.
19. Curiosity- An inquisitive, curious mind will help you seek out new information. Don’t be afraid to admit you don’t know it all. Always ask questions about things you don’t understand.
20. Individualism- Do things the way you think they should be done, without fearing other’s disapproval.
Copyright. Some of the following information provided from: http://neilschwartz.net/20-characteristics-of-a-powerful-agent/